1. Label each box with your name and job reference number
2. Use sturdy boxes, preferably those provided by your mover
3. When packing breakables, leave a 2-4 inch layer of crumpled paper at the bottom, sides and top of the box.
4. When packing a box, place heavier items on the bottom, less heavy and lightest on top
1. Books: Pack books standing on bottom edge in book boxes.
2. Clothing: Wardrobe boxes can be used for handling clothing. Other clothing, blankets and linens can be folded and packed in linen boxes. We recommend emptying all dressers and chests as the added weight can make them difficult to move susceptible to damage.
3. Pots and Pans: Use china boxes; stack them together with a few pieces of paper in between them. Fill all empty spaces with newspaper.
4. Lamps and Lampshades: Remove shades and bulbs. Wrap lamps in layers of paper and place in box on base. Wrap lampshades lightly in paper, nest one inside the other, and pack in separate box.
5. Electronic Equipment: Wrap theses items heavily in bubble wrap and place in box (ideally in the original boxes). Place bubble wrap at bottom and sides to prevent movement.
6. Paintings, Mirrors, and Glass: Use picture boxes and bubble wrap. Valuable pieces may need to be professionally crated by us